How about selling a motorcycle to bring a trailer?

Flock thinning: My Kawasaki H1 is waiting for a new owner and home. (Anders T. Carlson /)

You may have spent some time bringing your trailer.For most of us, it’s not really buying or selling Used motorcycle Or a car. That is to see others go through the above process in a notable vehicle. Then comment on it.

Born as a blog in 2007, BaT exists because of the presence of fellow car and motorcycle geeks like you. The BaT review and curation process is important. It guarantees a stable flow for the sale of amazingly attractive rare items without the approval of Hui Poroy. Jalopnik regularly features the “Biggest Sucker Bringing a Trailer” column. This is recommended to read. Bring a Trailer has been owned by Hearst Auto Group since 2020 and has undoubtedly increased its audience by benefiting from Hearst’s assets, especially Car and Driver and Road & Track Magazine. This is part of a “synergistic” strategy of connected profits that scratch each other’s back while growing and supporting the community.

The BaT people have created a fascinating spectator sport for the lower (and higher) Lang people of capitalism. Would you like to participate in the Mecum auction? Probably not. But BaT connects the world’s belongings and belongings in the automobile and motorcycle world with one long scroll. They guarantee a fair and uniform experience for buyers and sellers, resulting in fair results and good reading.

For sale in 1975 Kawasaki H1F purchased 9 years ago. I didn’t restore it, but I generally enjoyed running it, competing it once, and owning it. But that’s the time it goes. The bike almost killed the previous owner, so I replaced the speedometer / tachometer housing in addition to the frame and swingarm. In mid-2014, I found only one compatible H1 frame for sale, which is an example of 1973 (H1D). In the ’73 frame, it is a Kawasaki H1D registered in Vermont (no title) in the legal sense. As far as the engine, color and bodywork are concerned, this is a complete ’75 H1F. If the right buyers are cool with this, they will have a fun summer that threatens EPA and common sense. The price of the H1 is high, with a later pristine example getting over $ 10,000. My H1 isn’t close to that. But what is it worth? It’s time to look up.

It takes about 45 days from the start of reception to the end of the auction. It felt like a feat just to be accepted. It’s not just the vehicles that go up to the BaT auction block. My bike was accepted on June 1st. It was live by July 8th. Following the BaT process, the list is entirely written by a good person named Chris, an auction consultant. I failed to ask Chris for comment about being a BaT consultant, but he seemed real wanting me to have a good BaT experience.

I’ve included a photo of an article that wrote about my half-hearted effort to run and race it. I thought it might give the bike a “history”. Bad idea. Instead of just listing its shortcomings, I literally wrote the whole story about them. Like his work, Chris burned me from my description and photos about a variety of anomalies, such as bent subframes and collision damage. Motojournalism is not an unfair advantage that many think it should be, and it does not necessarily add value to the vehicle.

Chris weaves my story into a legally unattackable story about the shortcomings, disclosures, and brutal honesty that will last in court. By the third sentence, the crash history and 31 years of storage were disclosed. The lack of title arrived in the second paragraph, with more explanation of the damage. But as confirmed by the stupid owner of this “widow”, it was all right, true and accurate.

Once BaT won the $ 99 auction fee, it was time to judge.

First day

Bringing a trailer doesn’t like the auction going live if the seller isn’t close to what they’re selling. But now I’m back, it’s up, and I’m very excited. Thousands of losers can be seen finalizing what I’ve spent in the last few months. Comments will be entered soon. Rather than reading the list, people ask verbose questions and provide expert opinion. Please note that comments are a kind of “control” of community and auction integrity. understand. It seems that Anybody Corral is handing out secondary badges. You can flag the comment as “not constructive”, but I decided to see how the conversation takes place, good or bad.

The $ 555 bid starts the holiday. Hi, a lot of spending.

the 2nd day

If there was a “Commentator’s Nuclear Weapon” button, I pressed it with my finger and it became bloody. Obviously, my H1 is disappointed with the motorcycle. I have a bicycle that people want to see. Then there are the bikes that are actually on sale. Comments have been received lamenting that the latter is not the former. People point out the obvious: “If you stab a 1975 motor in 1973, it would still be 1973.” That’s right. But I didn’t stick the ’75 motor to the ’73 frame. I pasted the ’73 frame inside the ’75 bike. I bring up Donald Rumsfeld’s quote about going to war with the army you have, not the army you wanted. I wanted to sell a non-crashed H1 with a title, but this bumblebee dung survivor is what I got. Remember that the real victims are here.

Hi. A $ 3,000 bid rolls in. It’s only $ 1,000 until the bid reaches my reserve.

Third day

You should be a friendly person who will help you respond. But commenters have the right idea.I “offer to help [folks] “Practice reading” using “interesting facts” and “Google it for you”. This concludes most of the negative comments. I beat them with embarrassment or was probably bored enough to go elsewhere.

But now I miss them. I am alone in my thoughts and no one argues. What was I thinking about?

There are $ 3,000 in bids left.

Day 4

Some people ask if the ’74 -75 model can handle better than the ’73 model. I reassure him that all H1s are struggling to handle. BaT copy is also useless. But that doesn’t mean sizzling the steak. The list has been carefully crafted to give the same fair auctioneer voice to all auctions, with a dry attention to “equipment” such as two-up seats and front disc brakes. For legal reasons, they state that “total mileage is unknown.” True, the week spent learning how to restore the speedometer seems pointless. The low original mileage is the only value of this bike. Maybe I will post a useless comment about it later.

I’m still stuck for $ 3,000.

Day 5

To stir the pot, I’ll post a photo of a pointless upgrade. Periodically procure the correct Kawasaki Master Cylinder Cap and install the speedo cable-stayed bridge. But the BaT community isn’t moved by my meticulous work. Someone wants to see the bike in person. No problem, I will reply. I will never be contacted by them. It’s pretty standard. Most comments are pointless just to recall about H1 from people who wouldn’t buy it. It’s also pretty standard. There are 7 hours and 43 minutes left a day.

Anything is fine. If it does not sell, we will give it a title and raise the price. Dealing with Illinois DMVs seems fair.

I’m still stuck for $ 3,000.

Day 6

Resignation will begin. Boring and checking the profile of the commenter. How long does it take to collect 7,532 likes for a comment? It’s longer than the time the commenter actually spent bidding or posting to the auction, zero and zero, respectively. Being rich in likes has something to consider in BaT.

I’m still stuck for $ 3,000.

7th day

Today, the needle finally moves. This is the familiar last day pattern of the auction. A $ 3,200 bid will be placed 6 hours before the end of the auction. After three and a half hours, it was $ 3,400. Then nothing. There are 2 hours and 53 minutes left. The three bidders will wait until the last four minutes to post the same $ 3,500, $ 3,600, and finally $ 4,000 bids as the reserve. That’s the minimum amount needed to maintain my fragile ego. I got some of what I mainly wanted.

The purchaser is from the North Shore. He will email me immediately and we will discuss the delivery. This involves the buyer understanding it all, as the BaT name implies. He wants to pick up his bike and he arrives with a sprinter three days later.

He bought a lot of important things quite early on Honda CB750s, So my low H1 stands out in his purchase history. However, he emailed me pictures of the Kawasaki H1E in 1974 and the H2 Mach IV in 1972. They are part of his 78 bike collection. Dozens of income tax brackets separate us, but I like the guy.

I ask him his thoughts on the process. What does he like about BaT?

“I like the site’s near-instant responsiveness and the two-minute reset at the end of the auction each time someone raises a bid,” he says. “And that cool sound when the bid is raised.”

He likes “a series of comments” and videos. In addition, he likes to see the buyer’s history and enjoys the transparency of the BaT process.

Is there anything he wants to change with the BaT system?

“I’ve heard that BaT is discouraging sellers from listing spare bikes, and don’t be too strict about what you’re allowed to write. BaT wants a cookie cutter explanation. Seems to be, and does not allow literary freedom by the seller. “I know; I promise, that’s what he really said.

What is he going to do with my low H1?

“Repaint, find the original parts, and trim the details of the bike to make it look good and ride.”

Most of his collections are museum works. Currently, he has a daily rider to help fumigate his museum with Castrol smoke. Tell him that there is still more to Kawasaki triples. I’d like S2 ​​or S3 someday. He responds with a photo and says, “I should show you my S2 that I restored and can’t ride again.”

It is a pure white ’71 S2350 on the pedestal. That’s excellent. It seems to sign up for Kawasaki BaT list alerts. And until I find the right one, I will comment on what isn’t. Let’s do it again.

What I missed was the 1975 Kawasaki H1 F / D, which is already on sale.

What I missed was the 1975 Kawasaki H1 F / D, which is already on sale. (Anders T. Carlson /)

In addition to low miles, all flashing bits and lights work.

In addition to low miles, all flashing bits and lights work. (Anders T. Carlson /)

Kawasaki H1 Educational Outreach: Useless Comments Meet Useless Snark.

Kawasaki H1 Educational Outreach: Useless Comments Meet Useless Snark. (Anders T. Carlson /)

All actions occur last. What will happen to the end of the BaT auction?

All actions occur last. What will happen to the end of the BaT auction? (Anders T. Carlson /)

It’s a nice shot, but I was asked to shoot the bike in a “more neutral” background. (Anders T. Carlson /)

BaT Pro Tip: Place something more upscale in the background instead of a huge plastic tote bag.

BaT Pro Tip: Place something more upscale in the background instead of a huge plastic tote bag. (Anders T. Carlson /)

We are doing our best to keep prices down in the first half of the year. This is the last word.

We are doing our best to keep prices down in the first half of the year. This is the last word. (Anders T. Carlson /)

https://ift.tt/QrU6iye How about selling a motorcycle to bring a trailer?

The post How about selling a motorcycle to bring a trailer? appeared first on Autobala.


Auto Updates

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sonny Barger’s famous Hells Angels and best-selling author dies at age 83 – Insane Throttle Biker News

The arrest of a motorcycle gangster leads to a business search – insane throttle biker news

Sensata takes a smart approach to sensor production | 2021-12-17