Geraint Thomas will be the first Briton to win the Tour de Suisse

Geraint Thomas tuned for the Tour de France Tour de Suisse After the 8th final stage on Sunday.

The 36-year-old rider won after a 25.6 km time trial in Liechtenstein, which was won by Remco Evenepol.

Thomas finished three seconds behind the stage 8 winner and took the victory from Sergio Higuita, who started the day in the leader’s yellow jersey.

“It’s obviously great to win here. I haven’t been back here since 2015,” said Thomas, who finished second in the race seven years ago. “I lost my jersey in a few seconds, so I’m happy to be back in this race and win.

“It’s a kind of revenge. It was a difficult race. You had to be consistent all week. I’m very happy.

“I lost Adam Yates at the beginning of the week. I had to grab the reins of the team. That’s a big satisfaction for me.”

After setting the 11th fastest time, Higuita finished in 2nd place overall, 1 minute 12 seconds behind the winner, and Jacob Fugursan came in 3rd place, another 4 seconds behind.

Geraint Thomas follows his wins in stage races such as the 2018 Tour de France and Criterium du Dauphinet, the 2016 Paris-Nice and the 2021 Tour de Romandie.

“It was a difficult week for me, with ups and downs,” said Ebenepoel. “But I’ve been feeling good for the last few days. I’ve regained some shape.

“This week we made some management mistakes, which had some impact on general ambitions, but I decided to go ahead and focus on time trials in my head. I did.

“That’s what we did today, because I thought I was able to win it. But when I saw Jerraint in the last corner, I was no longer convinced of myself. Last In addition, I was able to maintain the advantage of a few seconds.

“It ’s good to finish this. Tour de Suisse With this victory. “

1

https://ift.tt/zTcubdv Geraint Thomas will be the first Briton to win the Tour de Suisse

The post Geraint Thomas will be the first Briton to win the Tour de Suisse appeared first on Autobala.


Auto Updates

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sonny Barger’s famous Hells Angels and best-selling author dies at age 83 – Insane Throttle Biker News

The arrest of a motorcycle gangster leads to a business search – insane throttle biker news

Sensata takes a smart approach to sensor production | 2021-12-17