Too early to assess Red Bull’s chances – Verstappen

Max Verstappen said he expects the next Bahrain test and opening race for the 2022 F1 season to be very different from last week’s Barcelona test, making it difficult to assess the outlook for Red Bull’s early season. I am.

Mercedes surpassed the first week of testing with Lewis Hamilton and George Russell setting the fastest twice and Sergio Perez broke Hamilton’s benchmark by more than 0.4 seconds. Verstappen was another 0.2 seconds behind, but wasn’t using a softer tire compound. He admits that he is not very confident about how a competitive situation is formed.

“It’s hard to evaluate (how the test went),” Verstappen said. “But I think the positive thing was that the car was running smoothly and I was happy with the balance. But Bahrain is completely different and when we go to Race 1, the car is completely different. For me, I focused on doing a lot of laps and really tried to nail every side of the car.

“I haven’t paid much attention to lap times yet. I’ll look at lap times in the third quarter in Bahrain.”

Verstappen was keen to emphasize that he emphasized getting used to the new generation of cars, but he is a fan of how it feels and is already satisfied with his own level of performance. I said that I am doing it. It will be a race opportunity.

“The car runs really well,” he said. “Of course, I generally gain a little weight, but driving a car is a lot of fun. I think it’s stable, well-balanced, and looks cool, so it’s always good to dive in.

“I’ve followed a bit more, but I think the following has improved, but let’s take a look at Race 1 and you’ll see that everyone is using the same tires and the same fuel, but that’s a step. I think it’s a step forward. “

https://ift.tt/g0u8BLy Too early to assess Red Bull’s chances – Verstappen

The post Too early to assess Red Bull’s chances – Verstappen appeared first on Autobala.


Auto Updates

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sonny Barger’s famous Hells Angels and best-selling author dies at age 83 – Insane Throttle Biker News

The arrest of a motorcycle gangster leads to a business search – insane throttle biker news

Sensata takes a smart approach to sensor production | 2021-12-17